ADVERTISEMENT

The perfect storm……

PilotBuckeye

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
The last win for scum was 10 years ago, as we’ve all read many times the law of averages was bound to catch up, I wholeheartedly disagree with that sentiment.

What happened on The Game was “The Perfect Storm” you have a scum team off the charts needing a win, a coach that was internally destroyed by not having a win in his tenure….

A Junior-Senior stacked team with every once of desire and fire from the 1st snap to the last on ending this 20 year disaster of Rodent football against the Buckeyes.

Yup… still sick to my stomach over this but in digging into this deeper; All the signs point to the outcome, We have a very young team with 1st year QB and 1st year RB and a 1st year D coordinator, A O line that on paper was unbeatable but in reality a disaster on mismatched positional assignments from pass pro to the run game.

THEN….after the Coombs experiment blew up in our faces in the Oregon game. wow… Strike #5 by now. Jeezes.

Yet…. As bad as we played with all the penalties, bad drops poor run blocking a sieve for a Run D we were 1 STOP and 1 SCORE away from trying the game with 5 min to go. Imagine that? Lol

No where on planet earth was a more needed stop on D to get the ball back and try to even the score up, I have absolutely zero doubt that would have happened if we could have got the ball back within 2:30 min of the game ending.

The perfect storm continued… The D staff for whatever reason didn’t even attempt to snuff out the run and force scum to throw to win the game. I’m 57…. I’ve never watched a game where everyone on the planet knew what had to employed on D to stop the run except the D coordinator for OSU. He failed miserably at the most basic situation staring him dead center in the face. - Stop. The. Run. Get. Ball. Back.

The players didn’t play well for large parts of the game. Dropped passes, Bad throws, badly timed penalties etc etc…. They all played a part but the failure of this year is squarely on the coaching staff 100%.

I’m about in suicide mode at this point. (Joke) but this has to be fixed and NOT Forkin NEXT YEAR.

Go Bucks. I’m out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News