ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts/Intel on Young

Marc Givler

Hall of Famer
Jan 10, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Still a lot to be sorted out. I'm going to try to stick to things I either know or believe very strongly to be true as there is still quite a bit of conflicting info out there and things that I'd want to get clarified before posting.

1. I think all told we're looking at a few thousand dollars here. Don't think we're talking 10s of thousands or anything like that but also don't think we're looking at a free lunch or a tank of gas.

2. Already been posted here but OSU hoping for a few game suspension and there is some optimism there so we'll see.

3. While I wouldn't read too much into Young's statement, the one thing that could be construed as good news is that Chase appears to want to play this out in the hope of getting reinstated.

I can tell you that I talked to a couple of people last night and early this morning that were very nervous that Chase was simply going to bounce to the NFL and not deal with this. That does not appear to be the case right now.

Now with that being said we need to at least see what the NCAA decides here and what Ohio State does on the field in the meantime before we declare the Buckeyes out of the woods in terms of losing him permanently.

4. I've seen questions about other players being involved. All I can tell you on that is that there were two names given to me in potential association with this that I cannot verify if there is any legitimacy. Neither player was on the availability report today which leads me to believe that there isn't smoke to it but it is something I'll keep an eye on. Would be incredibly irresponsible to name those name so I'm not going to do it.

Again, I want to reiterate that neither name was on the availability report today which would be a strong indication that this is a false rumor.

5. Getting into a guessing game on how this is going to play out is probably not worth it. I would suspect the best case scenario is a 3-game suspension but that could go out the window with the NCAA as you never know what they are going to do and the current landscape seems to be sympathetic to this type of thing.

6. Again this is all still ongoing and we can't possibly know what the NCAA doesn't know and what Ohio State doesn't know but we will do our best to keep up with it and update as necessary.

Hopefully that just about covers it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News