ADVERTISEMENT

To redshirt or not to redshirt: Offensive Line

Marc Givler

Hall of Famer
Jan 10, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
With six bodies coming in (counting McCullough), undoubtedly one or two are going to play.

Playing:

- Isaiah Prince. Absolutely 100% playing, might be the single most likely true freshman to play. Thin at tackle and with both starting tackles being seniors he is going to need to be groomed for a starting position in 2016. Also the most college ready guy of the group so it's a perfect storm.

- Matt Burrell. College ready body and one of the youngsters is going to need to play a little bit at guard, even if its just mop up duty. They'll also want to get some separation between some of the guys in this class, need to redshirt a few and play a few.

Redshirting:

- Liam McCullough. Haynes is back, so unless he gets injured, this one is a slam dunk.

- Grant Schmidt. Really good athlete with potential but coming from South Dakota football and will need a year in the weight room plus an adjustment period to the college level.

- Kevin Feder. I haven't been shy about my intrigue here. I think he has a chance to be special but I also think it's going to take a year or two. Just hasn't played a ton of offensive tackle to this point.

- Branden Bowen. I could actually see this one going either way. He's an enormous human being with a college ready body and could play either guard or tackle so there's some versatility here but I think ultimately they'll hold off on playing him in favor of guys like Lisle, Knox, Prince, and Burrell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News