ADVERTISEMENT

Watching old games on Youtube...

BrowardBuck

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2006
Figured I would light a fire and see what happens :)

Been re watching highlights of a lot of old games on Youtube over the last month. Watched 2012 and 2013 the last couple of nights. Before watching them, I used to think that 2012 team was REALLY good. After watching, I was left thinking I don't know how we finished unbeaten in Meyer's first year. I love Miller, but he was not good at being a true QB. He was an athlete playing the QB position. He was so sporadic throwing the ball. I lost count of the overthrows to wide open WRs, several of which would have gone for TDs. But he was electric when he was running with the ball.

On the defensive side, we were so hit or miss. The defense was porous at times, giving up big chunk plays, wide open wide receivers, DBs not playing the ball and giving up completions that had no business being completed, missed tackles, etc. At other times, they looked like world beaters.

That first year I think Meyer willed that team to unbeaten. And even with the ugly, I do think had they been bowl eligible, they likely would have beaten ND for the NC. I just thought it was weird my perception of that team and the reality of what they actually were. We did nothing against Miami (Ohio) for a quarter and a half, we were outplayed by UAB for about two thirds of that game and they were driving with the ball late in the game down less than a TD before turning the ball over, it took a miracle and a backup QB to pull out that win against Purdue, almost lost to Indiana, etc.

Memories can lie to us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News