ADVERTISEMENT

Way-Too-Early 2017-18 Preseason Top 10 and CFP Guesses

buckeyebacker7

Freshman
Aug 16, 2015
Fellow Bucks,

Here are mine:

1) Florida State: Francois is pretty damn good. Yes, losing Cook will hurt, but they have plenty of perimeter firepower returning. I also think the defense will be improved versus last season, given what they return.

2) Alabama: why not? I think the Tide start out here, but definitely will be surprised if they end up here. They have a daunting first game against an equally talented FSU squad, and lose a lot of what made them so good on defense. The Tide may lose 2+ games next season.

3) USC: Sam Darnold is the truth. I think they will have a lot returning to that offense, despite the loss of Smith-Schuster. Helton seems to have this team on the right track, I look at them as the Pac-12 champs.

4) Oklahoma: the backfield is decimated, the defense is suspect, and they will play in a more competitive Big-12. So, the Sooners will take a step back next season, right? I don't think so. Mayfield is an awesome collegiate QB, and I believe the Sooners return a lot along their OL. They'll be very good.

5) THE Ohio State University: yes, I have us in the Top 5. Our Bucks will have the best front seven in football, and the potential addition of JUCO transfer Sheffield will stabilize a perceived weakness in our secondary. The offense will center around one Mike Weber, who will shine, until our young Bucks are able to produce on the outside. We will FINALLY win the division and the B1G again, and make a more robust run in the CFP.

6) Penn State
7) Clemson
8) Wisconsin
9) Washington
10) Oklahoma State

CFP:

Sugar Bowl: FSU versus OU.
The Rose Bowl Game: THE Ohio State University versus USC.

National Championship: THE Ohio State University versus FSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News