Kevin_N

Nobuck needs to post more
Jul 13, 2004
Pickerington, Ohio
ohiostate.rivals.com
Release courtesy of Ohio State Athletic Communications

WBK: Dorka Juhász Signs NLI with Ohio State
Juhász has played on Hungarian national teams since 2015

COLUMBUS, Ohio –Ohio State head coach Kevin McGuff announced on Monday that Dorka Juhász from Pecs, Hungary has signed a national letter of intent to join the program this fall.

The 6-4 post player is rated as the No. 12 international player in the 2018 class and No. 5 forward, according to Prospects Nation. She has played on a number of Hungarian national teams since 2015 and averaged 11.7 points and 9.4 rebounds over seven games at the FIBA U19 Women’s Basketball World Cup this past summer.

“I’m incredibly excited to add Dorka to the Ohio State women’s basketball family,” McGuff said. “She’s a versatile player who can not only score around the basket but also from the perimeter and because of that, I’m excited to get her into our system. I believe she’ll be immediately impactful as we aspire to continue to compete for Big Ten championships.”

In addition to competing internationally since the age of 16, Juhász is currently an amateur on the PEAC-Pecs Professional Basketball Club. Her mother, Hajnalka, is considered one of the best basketball players in Hungary’s history. She was a Euro Cup winner and was the driving force behind Dorka’s basketball development.

Juhász joins a 2018 signing class that also includes guard Janai Crooms of St. Andrew’s School (Rhode Island) and 6-3 post player Aaliyah Patty of Montini Catholic High School in Illinois. The Buckeyes have also received a Big Ten tender from Najah Queenland who plans to graduate from Pacific this spring and transfer to Ohio State for her final year of eligibility.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News