ADVERTISEMENT

We will not be able to replace Jeff Haftley

fuzznut1

Freshman
Jun 8, 2016
And here is why

Did you read okudah's letter to his mom ? he cited the #1 person for his success as jeff haftley. In another interview, haftley stated okudah stood in front of the team after nebraska and said "jeff haftley changed my life". .......he also gave praise to schiano , mick .......none to mr. Kerry Coombs who recruited him. Yes Jeff Haftley's success is an inditment on Coombs as a coach and Taver Johnson. .....the most telling of all quotes, is when preseason Okudah said Haftley taught new things he had never been taught, think he cited how to know a tendency of a route was coming and how to play it. Again , a direct inditment on coombs and johnson (i'll say coombs was better than johnson though)

Kerry is a good recruiter. Definately his best attribute. And guess what ?? He's still not HALF the recruiter HAFTLEY is. Hafleys recruiting is none like I've ever seen. He can relate to players in a way coombs can't, hafley is "one of the guys". Wow , another quote okudah said in the letter " the only coach I could go talk in his office freely about anything". Okudah even went on to point out how he enjoyed Haftleys coaching style more, how he would talk to you and engage you and ask questions to debate a play. Coombs ? he's mr crazy rah rah guy

Recruiting = hafltey. relatability = hafley communication = hafltey technique = haftley.

I haven't watched titans this year much, but i'm not sure Kerry can even teach zone coverage, he's a man to man guy all the way. Bottom line, this is a huge loss to the program and he will not be replaced. (by the way how bad was taver ? (dude got 0 mentions in the letter)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News