ADVERTISEMENT

Western Michigan Superlatives

Foreverbuck

Walk-on
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Kayden McDonald--Talk about putting a young player in the right situation. I have not liked OSU's short-yardage DL for years. He is the right guy for the task--gets low and has tons of strength and leverage. He was awesome! I think Hamilton is good but McDonald pushes the pocket back. Keep him in the short-yardage package!

Will Howard's pocket presence--man it is night and day compared to last year. I don't care how many TD's McCord puts up this year. Will Howard's ability to slide in the pocket and leave only when necessary is huge. He is great at this and this will be so helpful for our OL and offense as a whole.

Judkins--I don't care that the long TD got called back due to a needless holding penalty. He is great. Vision and power. And showed some speed on that play. Treveon is playing with better vision and is special catching the ball and getting to the edge, but this guy is great! Another player that helps the offense get first downs and be successful as a whole.

Chip Kelly--I thought all of the formations, the mixing of run and pass, the motions were all great. The whole offense seems more dynamic.

Will Kacmarek--the blocking and now the ability to catch the ball. Very encouraging!

Arvelle Reese and Gabe Powers--they looked really good again. Aggressive and instinctive. I am not worried about LB depth anymore.

Caden Curry--always seems like good things happen when he is out there. His effort caused a holding penalty.

Young guys showed up too--Aaron Scott and Julien Sayin. Need a year in the weight room but talent showed up. Bennett Christian and Lorenzo Styles are older but inexperienced but looked great too!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.