ADVERTISEMENT

What do you expect from your NHL team this season?

vicdaddy

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 22, 2001
Vermilion, OH
Last season was an extremely frustrating and disappointing season for the Montreal Canadiens. They were rolling along with the best record in the league when Carey Price went down with a knee injury. His loss sent the team on a spiral out of the playoff picture.

In the off season the front office made some changes to bring in some toughness & grit. Trading fan favorite PK Subban to Nashville for Shea Weber was a complete shocker. PK's flamboyance has long annoyed GM Marc Bergevin and last seasons lack of leadership by him was the last straw. I'm on the PK side of the fence on this trade especially for the long term. I hate it.

Besides Weber, the Habs traded for Blackhawk Andrew Shaw & signed Alexander Radulov. Both solid additions, IMO. Rookies defensemen Mikhail Sergachev & winger Artturi Lehkonen have made the team. So they should have a nice mix of youth and vets.

I'm fully expecting a playoff run this year, due to Prices return alone. How far they go will depend on how well this team jells & if Coach Michel Therrien can learn a thing or two about offense this offseason.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News