ADVERTISEMENT

Who in your opinion is the most OVERRATED NFL and College Football teams?

bigwag

Freshman
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2006
Ironton, OH
In the mood to start a little debate and I had this on my mind

College football- to me it has to be Notre Dame. Year in and year out, they get ranked inside the top 10. Most of the time (2012, 2018 not included) they end up bombing 2 or 3 games in the regular season and end up in the Emerald Nuts Bowl. The 2 years they didn’t choke in the regular season, they were whipped by Bama in 2012 and Clemson in the most recent playoff. Lets not forget that during the BCS era from 1998-2013 they never won a BCS game. Schools like Utah and Boise State were able to compile a win in the BCS. Even now in the New Years 6 they are winless. Losses to Clemson in a semi and OSU in the Fiesta. They are simply hyped up every year and what do they accomplish? They should be made to join a power 5 conference in order to qualify for the playoffs, because if they were in the ACC like the rest of their athletic teams, Clemson would have pounced them in the conference title game and OSU or Georgia would have been in.

NFL- After much thought, for me it is the Dallas Cowboys. I love to sit and watch Zeke as much as the next person, but in the last 20 years, what have they accomplished? Their record in the playoffs during that span is horrible and they have not even made it to the NFC title game. Every year, you hear the Cowboy hype and how they are “Americas team”. Well shouldn’t Americas team appear in at least a few NFC title games in a 20 year span? They have had great players and are supported by their fans, but in the big game, they simply do not produce. Now, rolling into this year, their best player is sitting out forcing a new contract. I for one do not blame him. He is the best running back in the world and 9 RB’s in the league make more than he does

Feel free to put in your thoughts..

Reactions: royalte and CotoRob
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News