ADVERTISEMENT

Expectations…

UncleRicoOSU

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2022
I found today’s Podcast Daily really frustrating. For years Austin and Zach have vastly underestimated our opponents and consistently made outrageous score predictions. And then when Ohio State fails to meet those unrealistic expectations, they often throw the biggest fits.

Zach was losing his mind that we gave up almost 500 yds of offense to Oregon. Meanwhile, Oregon gave up 470 yards of offense to us. Both Alabama AND Georgia gave up OVER 500 yds offense when they played a game everyone was freaking out about because it was so amazing. And when we lost 42-41 to Georgia in 2022, it was a very similar story.

So do all of these coaches and defenses suck? Kirby Smart? Dan Lanning? Kalen DeBoer? Are Oregon fans losing their mind because they gave up 470 yds and 31 points to Ohio State? Or maybe this is just what happens in a lot of big time matchups.

Obviously there are problems that need to be addressed and I completely understand being frustrated. But it was a 1 point loss to the #2 team in the country in an extremely hostile environment. Josh Pate said, without a doubt, that Autzen is the loudest stadium in the B1G. And unlike 99% of people, he’s been to all of the contenders including a Penn State white out. Every rational person knew this was going to be a very challenging game, including Vegas. But when you predict we are going to win by 28 points, that’s on you for having ridiculous expectations.

I think Doug illustrated this and expressed what I’m feeling really well in this part of Kings of Columbus.

I also found this sentiment from multiple neutral observers of the game and think it is accurate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.