ADVERTISEMENT

EXTRA: Dates set for Arizona duo

Marc Givler

Hall of Famer
Jan 10, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
5d2516f7c1f04-JFQSkull.jpg

·Extremely low rates, Work directly with the owner of the company, and work with a Buckeye

·Free $500 appraisal credit on any purchase or refinance for you or any referral sent

·Accredited Better Business Bureau member

·NMLS # 1639493

The Tuscson (Ariz.) Salpointe Catholic duo of safety Lathan Ransom and running back Bijan Robinson will officially be off the board within the next four weeks. Ransom previously announced a July 16th decision date at The Opening while Robinson today decided on an August 2nd date, which we confirmed with Salpointe Catholic head coach Dennis Bene.

I think it's pretty simple at this point. There is little doubt in my mind that when these two guys lay their heads on their pillows tonight that they are planning to announce for Ohio State on their respective dates.

Ohio State crushed the visits with both of these guys in June, taking the lead for both independently of each other as Robinson didn't even have a chance to really get back to Arizona and talk to Ransom about his trip before arriving at the Rivals Challenge in Atlanta. Doing that well on both of those visits (Ransom the weekend of the 14th, Robinson the weekend of the 21st) and then having them compare their visits, only helped strengthen OSU's grip on these two prospects.

At this point, the goal of programs like Texas and Notre Dame for Ransom and Texas and USC for Robinson is to somehow push them off these announcement dates. Ransom's is just a week away and him going to Twitter teasing an announcement video is certainly bad news for any efforts being made to prolong his decision. Robinson going with a date today is certainly not thinking about delaying so that is something that would have to change down the road, but I don't think it will.

Notre Dame has been very aggressive with Ransom in trying to get him to delay but all indications are that those efforts have been unsuccessful. Now that Robinson has went public with his own date, I suspect Texas will be especially aggressive with him in trying to get him to postpone.

Again, I don't think these efforts are going to work. So if you're an Ohio State fan, you just keep your fingers crossed here for a week with Ransom and for three weeks and change with Robinson, because as long as those dates hold up, I think you're all going to be very happy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News