ADVERTISEMENT

OT- 50 and Fat

shawshankGBL

Sophomore
Aug 19, 2015
I know there a bunch of health nuts on here, so just looking for some advice. I've been trying to lose the same "10 pounds" for years, but as I get older and work stress has piled up, I now find myself 5'8" and 200#, now needing to lose more like 25-30. Meal prep has been a huge downfall, so that's my #1 target. Been reading a ton about superfoods, boost metabolism foods, and different diets. I lost 9# easily a few yrs ago after just a few weeks of the Wheat Belly diet. so I'm going to use that as my base, and try to work in the superfoods.

so just looking for a few opinions. In addition to the above changes, will get at least 5 workouts per week with a good mix of boot camps, strength training, tabata work outs, and aerobic mostly in the form of my bike on the computrainer.

Another key factor is sleep. I average 4-5 per night, but on vacation I sleep 8 hrs a night and feel great. My job is too time consuming for 8, but my goal is 6-7.

so looking for opinions on:

counting calories?

amount of water?

replacement for caffeine?

fasting? I love to eat, so this one is hard.

Lastly, I felt pretty good when I took probiotics geared toward wt loss and will resume that habit. any other suggestions for supplements?

any other bits of advice would be great! thx in advance

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News