ADVERTISEMENT

Question regarding playing CJ Hicks at DE

Bollo3235

Freshman
Gold Member
Jun 12, 2023
Bill, Austin, and Birm, You all talked at length today on snap judgements about moving CJ hicks to DE, and I just want to know why you all seem so confident he would do well there? I get he has all the physical tools, but he would be far from the 1st player with all the physical tools to never have it work out. You brought up Baron Browning and Parsons and Carter, but all 3 were at least capable LBs capable of doing more than just rushing the passer even if that was where they were best, Browning might not have been elite, but he was at least playable at LB. CJ hasn't shown any of that. It was brought up this morning on TPD, but he got run over by the backup QB of Western Michigan, that doesn't seem like someone that would make a great DE to me. Maybe I'm wrong and CJ can excel there, but his processing of the game seems slow, all of his reactions seem slow, and I just am not sure that will change at DE, and a DE that reacts slowly isn't going to be too effective. Is there anything other than his theoretical potential from HS that suggests he will be a good DE now in year 3 with OSU, and especially one good enough to take a true DE, like curry, Kenyatta, Houston etc that has played and practiced at the position for years off the field?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.