ADVERTISEMENT

#STUFF Some recruiting thoughts from Saturday ...

Birm

Stuff
Staff
Jul 25, 2022
• The visit for Jahkeem Stewart went pretty well from what I've been told but I still don't think it's likely he ends up at Ohio State. LSU and his relationship with Frank Wilson is a big deal but more than that is the expectation that he'll command/demand NIL arrangements that are in line with what the current stars on the Ohio State roster are getting and that is a hard pill to swallow when you're projecting a kid that's played < 10 varsity games in his entire high school career.

• I think Ohio State is narrowing in on a top 2026 tight end target and right now it may very well be Michigan's Lincoln Keyes. He's had a great junior season so far and there's a really good relationship building with the Buckeyes and his family. Michigan, Alabama and others are also very much in the mix and will be but if Keenan Bailey zeroes in on him soon I think that there's a chance for Ohio State to make a move here. Maybe it was just my vantage point but it sure looked like Keyes was signficantly bigger than he was in June when he camped.

• Storm Miller spent a lot of time with Ryan Day and James Laurinaitis. Ohio State is making him a priority and knows it's basically a two-team race with Clemson, where his brother Blake plays. I think ultimately it's a battle that Laurinaitis will win.

• Damola Ajidahun is still on campus and will leave this evening. Noticed him spending a ton of time with Carter Lowe and Jake Cook on Saturday. He's a big kid. Buckeyes would love to get a good read on his intentions this weekend so that plans for other players, like Florida's Connor Howes, could become a bit more clear.

• Ohio State—specifically Justin Frye—also made a big impression on Pennsylvania 2027 standout Maxwell Hiller. He spent Sunday morning doing an extended visit and sitting in on meetings and told me he was really impressed by Frye's approach with his guys.

• Will be checking in on Zahir Mathis and how the OV weekend went for him. Ultimately it's going to come down to NIL and whether or not Penn State goes "overboard" compared to what Ohio State is willing to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.