ADVERTISEMENT

TPD - OL Recruiting

datboynamedtoy98

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2021
Listening now and Birm & Landis were discussing how the OL class may finish, and Birm said a couple times that he didn’t understand why “people” expected Frye to land all 5-star OL recruits, b/c that’s not realistic. Now, maybe he was just referring to a never-satisfied small minority portion of the fanbase……….

However, maybe I’m wrong, but do the vast majority actually expect Frye to recruit at a Hartline/Walton level?? Because I’m not seeing that at all.

From what I can see, the vast majority just wants him to hit on the few eggs he places in the basket since even to Birm’s own admission he tends to narrow his focus on the recruiting trail.

If the OL class ends up being ONE five star, another top 100 guy (Lowe) and then 3 solid developmental prospects, the VAST majority of the fanbase who pays attention to recruiting will be pretty happy with that.

I think it’s unfair to try to categorize the expectations of Frye as being some crazy unrealistic perfection standard when in reality, almost everyone just wants him to finish with a good balanced group of recruits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News